PETALING JAYA - Four people have been remanded to help investigations into the incident where a purported "mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter" got into a brawl with security guards at a condominium in Subang Jaya.
When contacted on Tuesday, Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Fadzil Ahmat said the three security guards and the MMA fighter have been remanded until Friday.
"They have been detained to assist with the investigation. We will get to the bottom of the matter," he said.
Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Mohammad Azlin Sadari said the man, who claims to be an MMA fighter, has withdrawn his police report, but the case was still being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting.
He said investigations revealed that the man, in his 20s, had gone to the building to see a relative living there.
"We received a report from a 53-year-old man who claimed that the security guards had been told by the relative living there to not allow the man to enter the building.
"The man got angry with the guards for not letting him in and threatened them, and a scuffle ensued," he said when contacted on Tuesday.
ACP Mohammad Azlin said the man started fighting with one of the guards before other guards came in to help subdue him.
"Our investigations revealed the man had lived in the apartment with his relatives previously.
"The man who lodged the report has come back to us and withdrawn his report, saying he does not want any police action taken," he said.
On Monday, a video of a supposed MMA fighter getting into a tussle with a smaller sized security guard went viral on social media.
The post, shared on the Discover Subang Jaya Facebook page at about 4pm on Monday, received nearly 60,000 shares and more than 6,600 comments within 24 hours.
A man confessed to be the person concerned, saying he had not intended to hurt anyone but admitted to slapping the guard.
"I only threw a few kicks to keep him away, then these morons jumped me," he said in a comment on the Discover Subang Jaya Facebook page.
He also used some profanities to criticise the person who took the video. His comments on the Discover Subang Jaya Facebook page have since been deleted.
The Star has not been able to reach the MMA fighter, and has not been able to establish his MMA credentials, if any.
Earlier Tuesday, a spokesman for the condominium management told The Star that the three security guards involved in the scuffle had been detained by police.