PETALING JAYA - The case involving a former telco chief executive officer who allegedly molested his daughters is being reviewed by the Bukit Aman Sexual, Women and Child Investigations Division (D11).
D11 principal assistant director Asst Comm Choo Lily said that the case had been classified as NFA (no further action), but would be reviewed carefully to get a clearer picture on the investigation.
"The prosecutors had chosen to not proceed with the case claiming a lack of evidence.
"We are looking at the case files to understand what transpired during the investigation," she said when contacted.
ACP Choo noted that a media report in an English daily about the police reopening the case was inaccurate.
"We will only reopen the case if there is new evidence. At the moment, we are only reviewing the case to get a clearer picture on what happened during the investigation," she said.
The Star reported on May 25 that the former telco CEO had allegedly molested his own children, with at least 15 police reports lodged by his former wife against him since 2015.
Both have joint custody of their two daughters and one son.