School security guard attacked us, say students

School security guard attacked us, say students

A secondary school student in Ipoh had his arm broken and another suffered bruises when they were allegedly beaten up by the school's security guard and an accomplice after an argument.

Chong Wei Lun, 17, had a broken arm while schoolmate Fong Din Joe, 18, was slapped during the incident on Nov 16 at 11.30am.

The two friends and five others had completed their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examination papers for the day and had permission to go home early, reported Malaysia's The Star.

Wei Lun said the guard and his accomplice, believed to be his brother, came running after them soon after they left the school gate on their motorcycles.

"I was hit on the back by the accomplice with a metal pipe and fell off my motorcycle," he said, adding that he was also punched in the face.

"I tried to parry the attack with my arm.

"I also managed to grab my motorcycle lock and swing it in self-defence, hitting one of them," he said at a press conference organised by the Perak Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) on Thursday.

Din Joe said the guard slapped him, causing his spectacles to fall to the ground.

"I had an earlier argument with the guard when I arrived late in the morning. He threw a garbage bin at me and scolded me. I reported the matter to a teacher," he said.

Din Joe also said they had a run-in with the guard, who is believed to be 19 years old, on Nov 5 when he demanded RM10 (S$3) from the students before they were allowed to leave the school early after their exam.

"We declined and quarrelled with him. A teacher intervened and let us off," he said.

Din Joe said he lodged a police report on Nov 20.

"I was taken to the Ipoh district police station to have my statement taken while the rest were taken to the Sungai Senam station."

Foo Si Wei, 17, one of the students taken to Sungai Senam station, claimed they were remanded for a night at the lock-up.

"We were also handcuffed... We were terrified and just did as we were told," said Si Wei, adding that they were released the next day.

Perak MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau chief Jimmy Loh said the school should investigate the alleged incidents.

This article was first published on Nov 28, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.

This website is best viewed using the latest versions of web browsers.