Teen allegedly burns aunt’s car

Teen allegedly burns aunt’s car

KAJANG, Malaysia - After being ticked off by his aunt for being drunk in front of his grandmother, a 17-year-old boy responded by setting her car on fire.

In the 3am incident at the woman's apartment in Taman Cheras Mas here on Sunday, the boy had thrown what appears to be a Molotov cocktail at her car.

"A witness said the suspect lit the bottle and tossed it at his aunt's Proton Wira, and then rode off on a motorcycle as the vehicle caught fire," said Kajang OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Rashid Abdul Wahab.

"The rear of the car was burnt in the incident. We have recorded a statement from the suspect's aunt and the witness, but have yet to apprehend the boy," he said.

ACP Abdul Rashid said the 25-year-old woman had earlier scolded her nephew for "acting rudely" in front of his grandmother, who also stays at the unit in Taman Cheras Mas.

The case is being investigated under Section 435 of the Penal Code for mischief by fire.

In an unrelated case, ACP Abdul Rashid said four suspects broke into workers' quarters in the second floor of a shoplot in Taman Kajang Utama and brutally beat up four men before running off with their money.

He said two Malaysian workers and two Indonesian workers were asleep when the stick-wielding group barged in at about 4.10am on Sunday.

"They beat the victims on the head until some suffered bruises and swelling. They took RM3,000 (S$1,135) from the victims as well as their cellphones," he said, adding that police arrested two of the suspects nearby five hours later.

In Sepang, the third suspect who threatened three Road Transport Department (JPJ) officers near Putra Perdana two weeks ago surrendered himself to police on Sunday.

During the 11.40am incident on Dec 16, a Toyota Hilux with three men inside grazed an official JPJ car near the exit of the South Klang Valley Expressway.

The JPJ vehicle was forced to pull over but the occupants did not come out as they feared for their safety.

"That was when the driver of the Toyota Hilux got out of his car and made a hand gesture of pulling the trigger of a gun," said deputy OCPD Supt Zaldino Zaluddin, adding that the suspect who surrendered has been remanded until Jan 1.

The JPJ officers had been monitoring overloaded lorries in the area prior to the incident.

More about

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.