Unrequited love takes deadly turn

PETALING JAYA - A jilted security guard fell 11 storeys to his death after allegedly killing a 43-year-old female acquaintance in a tragic case of unrequited love.

The chief security guard, known only as Jim, was found dead at around 4pm yesterday at the bottom of a flat in Kelana Jaya.

He died instantly.

Jim, who was in his 40s, was believed to have stabbed fellow Sabahan Salmah Lok, a tailor, after she repeatedly rejected his romantic advances.

Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Arjunaidi Mohamed said that police had been hot on the heels of the security guard following the discovery of Lok's body in her shop in Jalan 9A/12, Sungei Way just three hours earlier.

It is believed that Lok was murdered the previous day at about 7pm.

"A customer was at the shop to collect her clothes when she made the gruesome discovery.

"She immediately contacted the police," he said.

ACP Arjunaidi said police had extracted a pair of purple-coloured scissors from Salmah's abdomen.

"We are investigating the murder from all angles, including a crime of passion.

"The case is being probed under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder and sudden death," he said.

It is learnt that Lok was found with multiple stab wounds around her body including the abdomen, underarm and private parts.

A mutual friend of theirs, known only as Ramli, said that Jim and Lok had known each other for three months.

"Salmah moved here from Kota Belud, Sabah more than 10 years ago in order to work as a tailor.

"She used her savings to start her own tailoring business this year," he said.

Ramli, who was Jim's colleague, added that Lok had a child from a previous marriage and had more than once rejected Jim's romantic pursuits.

"He would visit her at the store and wait for her to finish work.

"Unfortunately, Salmah did not reciprocate his feelings," he claimed.

Ramli said that Jim had called him up yesterday afternoon, requesting his help to lock up Lok's store.

"I told him I was unable to help him because I was busy working," he said.

Both the bodies were sent to a hospital here for a post-mortem.