PETALING JAYA - Those behind malicious allegations against Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak over the 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) controversy are not likely to apologise despite a preliminary report finding no wrongdoing on his part.
MIC communications and public relations bureau head Datuk Seri S. Vell Paari said that based on mere allegations, there had been calls by the Opposition and some quarters for the Prime Minister to take leave.
"The Auditor-General's preliminary report on 1MDB has uncovered no evidence of wrongdoing. But of course those who made these malicious allegations will not repent or apologise to him (Najib).
"The toxic part of their politics is coming out with fictional stories to undermine Najib and they honestly believe no one will ever know it," Vell Paari said in a statement.
On Tuesday, Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said the preliminary report by the A-G had found no wrongdoing.
As such, he said reckless allegations by some parties including on the "disappearance" of RM42 billion (S$15 billion) and transfer of US$700 million (S$956 million) to a certain individual did not arise.