Woman beaten, robbed by 2 men in KL lift

KUALA LUMPUR - A woman was ganged up on in an elevator by two men, who slammed and kicked her around like a rag doll - just for the money in her purse.

The horrifying robbery was captured on closed-circuit television (CCTV) video, which has gone viral on social media.

The encounter left the 24-year-old with two broken teeth and bruises all over her body.

The victim, who only wanted to be known as Lim, was returning home on the eighth floor of the Setapak Prima condominium when the two men followed her into the lift at about 11.40pm, on October 17.

The two men were seen chatting with each other while standing behind Lim in the elevator and only pressed the seventh floor button after a few seconds of riding it up.

Moments before the door opened, one suspect gestures with his head to his accomplice, pointing to Lim and then uses his arms to slam the woman against the metal wall of the elevator as the doors opened.

The force knocked the accountant on to her back but her terror was just beginning as the other suspect then grabs her by her hair and drags her out of the elevator.

Lim was seen trying to grab the elevator doors but was kicked several times by the men, as the camera becomes obscured by the closing doors.

Seconds later, the doors reopen to show one suspect counting cash while holding Lim's broken pink purse. Lim's legs can be seen lying motionless on the floor.

The suspects fled in two separate cars - police said checks on both number plates found them to be fake.

Speaking to reporters during a Wangsa Maju MCA press conference, Lim said the attack broke two of her teeth and bruised her chin, back and torso. She also lost RM8,000 (S$2,600) worth of valuables including two smartphones and her car keys.

The attack also scattered black zip ties all over the floor of the crime scene, reported China Press. Federal Territories MCA chairman Datuk Yew Teong Look believes that the zip ties would have been used by the suspect to bind victims.

"This could be the work of a syndicate. We have passed all this information to the police and we will be following up with them on the case," he reportedly said.

Wangsa Maju OCPD Supt Mohamad Roy Suhaimi Sarif said police had put out a photofit of the two suspects and were still tracking them.