GEORGE TOWN - A woman has to be seated on a wheelchair when she became emotional after identifying her son, who was found dead in his car, at the Balik Pulau Hospital mortuary.
She had earlier slumped to the floor, crying out: "I would not have given birth to you if I had known you were suffering." Family members immediately got her a wheelchair and tried to calm her down.
A factory worker had found her son Ong Boon Chian, 21, unconscious in the driver's seat of a Honda Civic in Batu Maung with a rubber hose, which led into the car, attached to the exhaust pipe.
Police officers went to the scene at about 7.35am yesterday but he was already dead. The case has been classified as sudden death.
It is learnt that Ong, who had just celebrated his birthday on March 14, was unemployed after quitting his job as a waiter in Queensbay Mall.
Balik Pulau OCPD Supt Lai Fah Hin said a post-mortem showed that Ong had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Those with problems in Penang can contact Befrienders at 04-2815161 or 04-2811108; Ipoh (05-5477933 or 05-5477955); Klang Valley (03-7956 8144 or 03-7956 8145).