Girl, 12, living in extortion nightmare

NIBONG TEBAL: A 12-year-old schoolgirl has allegedly been frequently assaulted, including being hit in her private parts, by two girls and a male youth who were extorting money from her.

The father claimed that the girls, aged 12 and 16, and the 22-year-old youth, had been bullying his youngest daughter and extorting money from her for the past three years.

It is believed that one of the girls is the victim's schoolmate at a co-ed school here, while the older girl may be a dropout.

He claimed that the attacks started when his daughter was in Year Four, when she was allegedly dragged to an alley by her tormentors who started kicking her.

"The guy had also used a wooden stick to hit my daughter's private parts numerous times," he said yesterday.

He found out about his daughter's ordeal on July 3 when one of the female bullies went to his house in Taman Mega Jaya, Simpang Ampat, to demand RM170 from his daughter.

"That was when my daughter confessed to me that the girls and the youth used to ask her for protection money and would assault her if she did not pay them," he said.

He said he recalled taking his daughter to the Seberang Jaya Hospital two years ago when she complained of pain in her private parts.

"The doctor told me that my daughter had some injuries in her private parts due to beatings.

"But my daughter denied this and I couldn't do anything because she refused to tell me what had really happened," said the father of four.

He said his daughter kept to herself and became quiet after the alleged incident.

"It was very saddening to see her traumatised," he said, adding that he lodged a police report on July 10 after the latest extortion attempt.

South Seberang Prai acting OCPD Deputy Supt Shariffudin Abdul Lah confirmed the report and said it was being handled as an extortion case.

On the allegations of assault, he said the police would call several individuals to record their statements.

Meanwhile, state education director Ahmad Tarmizi Kamaruddin said the case had been referred to them by the police, adding that officers would be visiting the school tomorrow.