SINGAPORE - A three-year-old boy nearly drowned in a swimming pool at the newly-opened Temasek Club in Bukit Timah on Sunday (Nov 8) afternoon.
Doctors and a nurse helped to resuscitate the boy, and at least one of them performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on him. The boy was sent conscious to National University Hospital at about 2pm, and has since been discharged.
Dr Low Lee Yong, founder of clinic network Make Health Connect, was having lunch at the club when the incident happened. He wrote on Facebook: "I was having lunch... with my wife and dad when we saw a man lifting the little boy out of the water.
"I realised something was wrong when I saw the boy's limbs were flaccid. I quickly dashed down to the pool."
Two more doctors and a nurse later came to help as well, said Dr Low, who did mouth-to-mouth CPR on the boy.
The boy regained consciousness before he was taken to the hospital. It is not clear how the incident happened, but it is believed that he had been left unattended in the pool for some time.
This article was first published on Nov 8, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.