KUALA LUMPUR - An unidentified man splashed instant glue on a 23-year-old cashier, causing burns on the skin, in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, China Press reported.
The cashier, known only as Ling, told the daily that she did not know the suspect, who had earlier come to the shop to look for her former colleague.
The suspect came again at about 1.30pm on Saturday to look for the former colleague again, it reported.
"After I answered him, he splashed me with the instant glue before running away.
"I screamed for help. I felt the burn on my skin and I thought it was acid," she said, adding that she went to a clinic for treatment before lodging a police report.
Ling's family uploaded online footage of the incident caught on CCTV to warn the public about the suspect.