SINGAPORE - A 26-year-old man has been arrested for his suspected involvement in case of vehicle theft committed at Fernvale Point.
The police were notified on Jan 19 that a cash card was stolen from a lorry at the said location.
After extensive investigations, officers from the Ang Mo Kio Police Division established the identity of the suspect and arrested him at Jalan Kayu on Jan 22.
The suspect will be charged in court on Jan 23. If convicted, he can face a jail term up to three years.
The police has advised members of the public to follow these steps to prevent crime:
1. Always secure your vehicle;
2. Do not leave valuables such as cashcards, laptops, handphones, briefcase, wallets, etc in your vehicle;
3. Note down the serial number of your cashcards;
4. Ensure that your car alarm is in working condition; and
5. If you see any suspicious characters loitering around the vicinity, do take note of their appearance, clothing, height, age or any other distinctive physical features and contact the Police for assistance.