SINGAPORE - The Singapore Consulate-General in Johor Bahru and officers from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) are in Muar, Johor to help Singaporeans affected by the bus crash that killed 14 this morning (Dec 24).
Two Singaporeans, Au Poi Kiew and Hamimah Mamo, were among those who died, according to a list of victims obtained by Bernama.
Six other Singaporeans - five men and one woman - were injured.
The Consul-General is in close contact with the Johor authorities, the MFA said in a statement.
It added: "We are saddened by the tragic bus accident."
Most of the other victims are Malaysians and two are from Myanmar, while a deceased man and an injured woman have not been identified.
The Star reported that the driver, Zakeer Zubir, 32, and his baby daughter died at the scene.
Zakeer had brought his baby daughter and wife on board without informing the bus firm, The Star said.
Malaysian police also confirmed that he was speeding at the time of the crash.
List of passengers who died in the accident:
1. Au Poi Kiew (Singapore)
2. Hamimah Mamo (Singapore)
3. Norfazillah Abu Bakar (Malaysia)
4. Jasmine Kaur (Malaysia)
5. G. Pala (Malaysia)
6. V. Renugah (Malaysia)
7. Nur Amira Izzaty Mohd Razip (Malaysia)
8. Abdullah Hadi Yusof (Malaysia)
9. Wong Koh Chan (Malaysia)
10. Zakeer Zubir (Malaysia)
11. Nur Natasya Zahara Zakeer (Malaysia)
12. Nor Saidatul Akmal Idris (Malaysia)
13. Mohd Hisham Wahab (Malaysia)
14. Man (yet to be identified)
List of injured passengers:
1. Muhammmad Hilmi (Singapore)
2. Mustafa Yasin (Singapore)
3. Mohd Syed (Singapore)
4. Alifah Mohd Said (Singapore)
5. Govinda Raj (Singapore)
6. Muhammad Fitri (Singapore)
7. Muhamad Juhaify (Malaysia)
8. Muhammad Syafiq (Malaysia)
9. Mohamed Taufik (Malaysia)
10. Cyril Joseph (Malaysia)
11. R. Nagadevan (Malaysia)
12. Kesavan (Malaysia)
13. Muhammad Abdullah (Malaysia)
14. Ralza Uk (Myanmar)
15. Zaw Oo (Myanmar)
16. Woman (yet to be identified)