Triple murder rocks Malaysian suburb

Family members of the three murdered victims overcome by grief after seeing their bodies at Taman Dengkil Jaya yesterday.

vDENGKIL - A seven-year-old arrived home from school only to discover his grandmother and two cousins, including a 2-year-old girl, sprawled in blood and lifeless at their home here yesterday.

The deceased, identified as 64-year-old M. Jayanti, as well as her 21-year-old grandson and granddaughter, were found butchered and bore stab wounds as well as slash wounds.

Jayanti's body was found in the hall while her grandson and granddaughter were found in the kitchen and another room in the three-bedroom, single-storey house.

District police chief Superintendent Imran Abd Rahman said the woman was believed to have been stabbed in the stomach.

"The adult male victim was also stabbed and had slash marks on his head.

"The granddaughter, who was just a toddler, had her throat slashed," he said, adding that the discovery was made by Jayanti's 7-year-old grandson when he came home at 2pm.

The Year One pupil then called his 18-year-old sister, who lodged a police report about 30 minutes later.

Imran said checks showed that there were no signs of a break-in, robbery or even signs indicating a struggle at the scene.

The New Straits Times also spoke to Jayanti's younger brother, M. Munusamy, who was shocked over the event.

Munusamy, 38, a landscape worker, said he was alerted by a relative about 3pm.

"I rushed over and found the bodies already lined up in front of the house," said the 38-year-old, who lives about 5km away in Taman Permata.

A neighbour, who only wished to be known as Mas Ayu, 27, said she heard a commotion coming from the house at 11am, but thought nothing of it. "I looked out but did not see anything out of the ordinary.

"I thought it was just a regular family dispute.

"In all the time I have known the family, they have never caused any problems."

Police are in the midst of tracing the murder weapon as well as the motive behind the triple murder.

Those with information are urged to contact district Criminal Investigation Department chief Assistant Superintendent Han Yan at 03-8772422.

Meanwhile, in an unrelated incident, a Tenaga Nasional Berhad worker had his left hand almost severed by an assailant when he tried to terminate an illegal electricity connection at a house in Bandar Sunway at 5pm yesterday.

The 42-year-old victim, Muhamad Adni Isa, was with colleague Mohd Fuad Ishak at an electrical pole in Jalan PJS 7/23 and was about to terminate the illegal connection when they were confronted by two of the house's occupants.

After a quarrel, one of the men rushed into the house and re-emerged with a parang before slashing Adni's left hand repeatedly.

Police later nabbed the assailants, aged 45 and 33, who are also wanted by police for a drugs case.