SINGAPORE - Food lovers looking for places to eat in Singapore can now use the newly relaunched The Straits Times SoShiok App for the latest and best food news as well as expert reviews on food establishments ranging from hawker fare and fast food to hip bars and fine dining. Users can keep up-to-date on the latest food happenings such as new restaurant openings or find out the best places to have zi char from Singapore Press Holdings' (SPH) team of food writers.
The Straits Times SoShiok App will feature articles and reviews by a team of food writers from The Straits Times (ST), The Business Times (BT) and The New Paper (TNP). These include ST's Tan Hsueh Yun, Wong Ah Yoke, Rebecca Lynne Tan, Eunice Quek, Foong Woei Wan and Thng Lay Teen, BT's Jaime Ee and Debbie Yong, as well as TNP's Yeoh Wee Teck, Hedy Khoo and more.
With new and better features, The Straits Times SoShiok App is the ultimate guide to the food and beverage scene in Singapore. Its features include:
Where To Eat
- Browse and view restaurant listings sorted by dish or cuisine type
- Read reviews by renowned food critics
- Book tables at restaurants directly, via Chope
Users' Reviews & Photos
- Upload photos of what you are eating and share food reviews with the SoShiok foodie community
Recipes and Foodie Guides
- Find recipes published in SPH's English newspapers
- Use Foodie Guides to learn about ingredients and get access to wine recommendations and food pairings instantly
- Collect points when using the app and redeem goodies from the SoShiok store
- Top three registered users from January to March 2014 will win prizes
*Terms & Conditions apply
10 lucky readers who register with The Straits Times SoShiok App from now till January 22 stand a chance to win a SoShiok Goodie Box worth about $150, featuring treats from Tan Hsueh Yun's popular Posh Nosh column. Results will be published in The Straits Times on January 28.
Get the full story from The Straits Times.