These one-off collectible eye and face palettes come with shades perfect for year-end parties and some will be available at counters this month.
Many of them run out quickly - some are designer collaborations, while others feature new colours, plus the packaging is always beautiful.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Kiss & Love Multi-Usage Palette$129, launching at the end of this month at Yves Saint Laurent Beaute boutiques
A face palette with four pearlescent and shimmery eyeshadows in gold, silver, brown and champagne; two rouge pots - pink and red; as well as a coral blush.
2. Maison Kitsune For Shu Uemura Beauty Remix Smokey Eye & Cheek Palette$98, launching Nov 1 at Shu Uemura counters
French fashion and lifestyle label Maison Kitsune teamed up with the cosmetics brand for this cute collection. The colourful graphics cover the entire 23-piece range. We like the Beauty Remix palettes - available in Navy and Plum - that feature seven eyeshadows and a blusher each.
3. Diorific State Of Gold Illuminating Face Powder$125, at Dior counters from Nov 1
A finely milled highlighting powder in a weighty gold compact. Available in beige-gold and pink.
4. Chanel Signe Particuliere Creation Exclusive 4 Ombres$96, from Chanel counters
Shaped to resemble the logo-embossed buttons on the brand's iconic jackets, this quartet of eyeshadows - in yellow gold, metallic pink, brown and maroon - is made for a striking smokey eye.
5. Cle De Peau Beaute Holiday Makeup Coffret$240, launching at Cle De Peau Beaute counters
Inspired by the masquerade balls in Venice, this set comprises a bright red lipstick, a quartet of metallic eyeshadows and a deep burgundy mascara.
6. Nars Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette$120, launching Nov 1 at Tang Plaza
The palettes in this collection are decorated with American photographer Steven Klein's iconic and provocative pictures of women and life-sized dolls. The best buy of the lot is this cheek palette featuring four blushers, two bronzers and a highlighter.
7. Urban Decay Vice4 Eyeshadow Palette$88, launching at Sephora and Urban Decay stores at the end of this month
Features 20 new eyeshadow colours in matte and neutral as well as bright, metallic shades. Also comes with a patterned case that fits a mini tablet.
8. Laura Mercier Candleglow Luminizing Palette$120, from Tang Plaza
Contains two highlighting powders and four eyeshadows to give the face a candlelit glow effect. In conjunction with Tangs' Shop For Good promotion, all proceeds from the sale of this product go to the Singapore Children's Society.
9. MAC Enchanted Eve Face Compact$110, launching at the end of this month at MAC Counters
A handy palette featuring three eyeshadows, two cheek colours and two lip colours.
This article was first published on October 15, 2015. Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.