FASHION ITEMS YOU NEED, ACCORDING TO YOUR HOROSCOPE
Maybe you quit your job in April after you received your bonus. Or perhaps you're looking to move up the corporate ladder. Either way, it couldn't hurt to get a little extra help with your lucky colours, based on your zodiac sign.
Happy birthday to our Taurus and Gemini babies - your lucky colours are pastel green and light orange respectively, this month.
ARIES: ROSE RED
1. Chopard Happy Hearts 18-karat rose gold, diamond and red stone cuff, US$2,910 (S$3,936.49) from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
This red stone cuff from Chopard adds just a fun pop of red to your all-black outfit. Plus, the handcrafted 18-carat rose gold cuff is a neutral shade that complements all skin tones.
2. Mango linen-blend midi dress, S$89.90Photo: Mango
Summer is almost here or in Singapore's case, it's all-year-round, which means linen outfits are an essential staple to help us look chic while tackling the humidity and heat head on. Bonus style points if you go with this deep red piece from Mango and a pair of strappy sandals with a floppy hat.
TAURUS: PASTEL GREEN
1. Off-White asymmetric open-back satin-jacquard midi dress, US$706.65 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
This slinky melon green slip dress from Off-White is the dress for a woman who's confident of her body. We're loving the asymmetric swishy hem, which makes it so feminine. Throw on a blazer to make it work-appropriate, or go with chunky dad sneakers for a fun, street-style look on the weekend. PS: Closet logomania lovers can proudly wear this too as the monogram isn't OTT.
2. Topshop green abstract floral shirt and skirt set, S$169.80Photo: Topshop
Make a statement with this two-piece set, which can be bought and styled separately. It features quirky abstract floral-meet-splash-paint patterns with a summery feel. Dress them together with a pair of espadrille heels and throw on a messy topknot and sunnies for the weekend.
GEMINI: LIGHT ORANGE
1. Loewe embroidered cashmere and cotton-blend scarf, US$710 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Scarves are so underrated, but they can be quite a statement-making piece to your ensemble. You can throw one on as a shawl or around the neck when you're feeling cold, or use it as a belt or a sassy hair piece to accent your look. Else, it'll look great as a cute bow on your leather bag strap.
2. Topshop orange ribbed bandeau bodysuit, S$26.90Photo: Topshop
Add a splash of sunshine to your weekend wardrobe with this bandeau bodysuit from Topshop. Pair this with a pair of denim shorts or jeans. Remember to throw on some body luminizer and let those collarbones of yours really shine.
CANCER: SILVER BLUE
1. Alexanderwang.T halterneck crinkled-satin wide-leg jumpsuit, US$426.23 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
A jumpsuit is your fuss-free best friend on lazy mornings because you can just slip into one and you have a polished outfit ready to conquer the corporate world with. Pair this number with a pendant necklace and strappy heels. Throw on a cardi when at the office.
2. Zara denim overshirt with pocket, S$99.90Photo: Zara
Go for that off-duty factory worker meets Demi Moore in Ghost look by wearing this denim shirt over a white tube, finished with a front knot. Complete the look with your ripped jeans and lace-ups.
LEO: LIGHT RED
1. Maison Margiela Cady maxi dress, US$914.54 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
If you've been too afraid to slip into a red dress for fear of looking too loud and garish, then opt for this Maison Margiela creation. Its unfussy silhouette will make your boss take note of your bold confidence, even without revealing any skin. Finish with chic shiny black pumps to add a modern touch to the look.
2. Mango lace midi dress, S$159Photo: Mango
You can't go wrong with a sophisticated lace number, especially when it comes in this gorgeous red shade. This Mango creation is feminine and in a flattering midi length - great for the weekends with strappy flats or for the office with a chic pair of black pumps. Your choice.
VIRGO: LIGHT BROWN
1. Stuart Weitzman NearlyNude patent-leather sandals, US$415.37 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Every woman needs a dependable and comfortable pair of nude heels in her life. This pair of Stuart Weitzman patent leather sandals are so versatile, they go with just about anything. Bonus: The block heel design is a comfortable alternative to pencil-thin stilettos.
2. Cos belted cotton trousers, US$125Photo: Cos
Whether it's for work or weekend, a trusty pair of well-fitted trousers will never fail you. Plus, this pair from Cos comes in a versatile light brown and has a slight stretch due to the cotton twill material, which makes it extra comfy.
LIBRA: PASTEL BLUE
1. Wandler Corsa mini croc-effect leather tote, US$549.27 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Pastel blue is one of the definitive colours of spring and how often do you see it being presented as a bag? Too pretty. This Wandler bag is the perfect size for keeping just your essentials - wallet, keys, phone and lipstick - and we love that its croc-embossed leather makes it way more sophisticated. Great for work or for a flirty date.
2. Calvin Klein Underwear stretch cotton and modal-blend jersey soft-cup triangle bra, US$33.67 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Nudes and blacks are great but sometimes, a girl's gotta have some colour. Swap out your usual delicates for a bra top in a playful pastel blue, such as this Calvin Klein number. Wear the bra with its matching panty to feel really confident.
SCORPIO: VENOM RED
1. Bottega Veneta Chain Knot watersnake-trimmed intrecciato satin clutch, US$2,434 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
You don't need to be attending a black-tie event to fully appreciate and carry this rich burgundy Bottega Veneta clutch. It's so pretty and versatile you could even carry it for a quick brunch, paired with a denim jacket and shorts. We love its intricate details, from the woven satin to the watersnake trimming and knotted clasp.
2. Topshop Just A Thought - maroon mini bodycon dress by WYLDR, S$106Photo: Topshop
It may be a long-sleeved dress, but this bodycon still allows you to ooze sex appeal through its mini dress length and coquettish keyhole front. Play up the texture with a pair of velvet pumps and a jewelled minaudiere for a bold night look.
SAGITTARIUS: FIERY ORANGE
1. Mara Hoffman Kay bikini briefs, US$105.13 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Light the next pool party on fire by making an entrance dressed in these Mara Hoffman orange briefs (with the matching bikini, of course). Chill with a cocktail in hand and get ready for the compliments. Plus, it's made with recycled Econyl fibers from fishing nets and comes with SPF50+ protection to shield you against harmful sun rays.
2. Bershka set of 2 pairs of hoop earrings, S$14.90Photo: Bershka
If wearing vivid orange intimidates you, start small with simple hoop earrings such as these from H&M. You can easily match them to your outfit or let them shine with an all-neutral outfit.
CAPRICORN: SILVER GREY
1. Pomelo Fashion Lacie shiny pleated midi skirt - silver, S$34Photo: Pomelo Fashion
Add some shine and delicate movement with this silver pleated skirt from Pomelo Fashion. Go with a simple black bodysuit and chunky sneakers to complete the modern vibe.
2. Rag & Bone Hannah silk-crepe wrap-effect blouse, US$353.50 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Architectural lines are offset by the soft silk-crepe material to give this blouse a cool modern vibe. In addition, the almost-blue grey hue looks silver under the light - how cool is that? Pair this with tailored trousers and pointed heels to look put-together.
1. Gucci Le Marche des Merveilles 18-karat gold, aquamarine and diamond ring, US$2,386.09 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
This Gucci ring is made for someone who likes the fine balance of wearing a statement jewellery piece that isn't too showy. In fact, this gorgeous number that resembles the fashion house's iconic tiger head, is wearable enough for daily use. Cast from 18K gold, we love the pretty faceted aquamarine that will make you the centre of attention.
2. Mango chunky-knit sweater, S$59.90Photo: Mango
Keep warm and look chic in the office by wearing this under a sleeveless slip dress. Plus, you'll get extra style points by interplaying the textures. Alternatively, you could match this with cream corduroy pants to really emphasise the weaved fabric.
PISCES: SILVERY RED
1. Mulberry Seaton micro glossed croc-effect leather shoulder bag, US$787.21 from Net-a-PorterPhoto: Net-a-Porter
Mulberry is known for its understated and clean lines, but the brand decided to go bolder with this Seaton bag, which was first introduced in Fall/Winter '18. With a striking red-orange shiny embossed leather and a cool gold 'Rider's Lock', this bag needs to be the centre of your outfit, so go with a simple LBD or midi dress.
2. Zara faux leather jacket, S$69.90Photo: Zara
A leather jacket not only gives you that cool biker chick look, it's also a way to incorporate a different textural element to the outfit. We recommend pairing this sturdy material against a something more flowy, such as a silk lace dress.
This article was first published in Her World Online.