A five-year-old girl in the UK died when her head got stuck in between lift doors at a house in Weymouth, Dorset on Thursday.
Alexis Brown's parents Matthew and Lorraine Brown had installed the lift for her disabled brother at the semi-detached two-storey home, reported the Mirror.
Fire crews managed to cut little Alexis free but paramedics could not save her. The girl was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is thought Alexis got her head stuck in the lift that was used to move a wheelchair between the first and second storey of the house.
A Dorset county council spokesman said the lift was not installed by them and it was an existing equipment at the house.
Her mother, Mrs Brown, posted a picture of her daughter on social media, sparking many tributes.
Police said an investigation has been launched to establish the facts surrounding the death.
This article was first published on Aug 15, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.