I have accepted my fate.
That was what Mr John Cantlie, the British hostage being held by the terror group Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) said in its latest propaganda video.
In the almost nine-minute-long video, titled Lend Me Your Ears Episode 6, the photojournalist appears to be reading from a prepared script as he sits behind a desk wearing an orange jumpsuit.
The 43-year-old was seized in late 2012.
Mr Cantlie also claimed there was a rescue attempt by US forces in July, the Mail Online reported.
The rescue, he said, involved "two dozen Delta Force commandos, several Black Hawk helicopters, gunships, Predator drones, F18 Hornet Jets and refuelling aircraft".
He said that the attempt failed because ISIS militants had moved him and other prisoners to another prison days before the raid.
Mr Cantlie said he has "accepted that my fate would be overwhelmingly the same as my cellmates' and I am angry about it".
He referred to the policy of the UK and US of not negotiating the release of hostages through means such as ransom payments.
He claimed US and British leaders knew he was being held hostage for "more than a year" and were aware that he could be beheaded.
"(US president Barack) Obama and (UK prime minister David) Cameron act all shocked and appalled each time one of us is killed but they have known this was coming for months," he said.
"They have known our six names, who was holding us, and the consequences of not negotiating for over a year."
He said they were left to die and that it was "the worse feeling in the world, being left behind like that".
"We have been in the longest, paid our dues, watched everyone else go home, never stopped believing and wham! Have some of that. "You're not worth negotiating for," he claimed.
This is the seventh video to feature Mr Cantlie.
A previous video, which was released last month, saw him "reporting" from the war-torn city of Kobane, Syria.
His 80-year-old father, Paul, died last month from complications following pneumonia.
He had made an appeal for his son's return in a video to ISIS militants.
Mr Cantlie's sister Jessica had earlier appealed for "direct contact" with the militants.
There is no indication as to when the video was filmed, although he does refer to the death of British aid worker David Haines, which happened in September, reported the BBC.
A British Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of a further video and are analysing its contents."
The video comes days after the release of a video which apparently shows the severed head of US aid worker Peter Kassig and the mass murder of Syrian soldiers.
This article was first published on Nov 23, 2014. Get The New Paper for more stories.