WATCH: Samsung phone explodes in man's shirt pocket in Indonesia

ASIAONE
Friday, Oct 06, 2017

A man had a close shave when his smartphone exploded in his front shirt pocket.

47-year-old hotel supervisor Yulianto escaped with minor burns on his chest, MailOnline reported.

He was standing at the lobby of his hotel in Semarang, Indonesia when he felt "a strong sensation of heat" from his Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos last Saturday (Sept 30).

He also felt something start to shake, MailOnline quoted him as saying.

READ ALSO

Samsung washing machine catches fire; second reported incident

CCTV footage shows Yulianto reaching for the phone when it suddenly blows up.

He falls to the ground and quickly takes his shirt off with help from an onlooker.

According to MailOnline, Yulianto is said to have left his 2013 phone's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS functions on simultaneously, and this could have contributed to overheating.

huizhen@sph.com.sg

Outbrain