- China's Online Hotel Reservation Industry Maintain Fast Growth, with MAU Reaching 91.09 million in Q2 2018, 20.1% Up from Q1 2018
- The Post-80s and Post-90s Generation Become the Critical Driving Forces for Domestic Accommodation Bookings, So Meeting Their Demands are the Key
- Among Major Platforms, Meituan Hotels Ranked No.1 by Room Nights in Q2 2018, Followed by Traditional OTA Ctrip
BEIJING, Sept. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the latest research from Trustdata's Mobile Big Data Monitoring service, China's online hotel reservation industry grew fast, with MAU reaching 91.09 million in the second quarter of 2018, a record high increase of 20.1% from the previous quarter since 2016.
The third- and lower-tier cities become a major growth driver, contributing 50% to the total online hotel bookings in June. Among 20 million new users in Q2 2018, the post-80s and post-90s generation are the main force, while the demand from the post-00s is growing.
- China's online hotel reservation industry has been growing continuously for the second quarter, supported by robust demands from the post-80s and post-90s generation of consumers in the third- and lower-tier cities.
- The proportion of hotel reservations made by locals exceeds 30% in Q2 2018, indicating that online hotel booking is gaining popularity among travelers as well as locals.
- Ctrip, Meituan Hotels, Qunar, Tongcheng-eLong and Fliggy were the key fast-growing platforms for the quarter.
- The Top 5 players accounted for 96.4% of the online hotel bookings in Q2 2018.
- The competitive landscape of online hotel booking becomes clear-cut, with traditional OTAs like Ctrip and super platforms like Meituan Hotels carving up the market.
Platforms Performance Insights:
- Meituan Hotels ranks No.1 by both order volume and room night in Q2 2018. It exceeded the combined room nights registered on Ctrip, Qunar and Tongcheng-eLong again, seizing 46.2% of the market share in Q2 2018.
- Fliggy ranks No.1 in terms of customer stickiness. Super platforms like Meituan Hotels and Fliggy are gaining popularity, thanks to the user bases of Meituan-Dianping and Taobao accumulated via such high-frequency services as food delivery and online shopping, respectively.
- Ctrip is a pioneer of OTA that is offering all travel-related services. It has the edges in high-starred hotels, but is challenged by Meituan Hotels and Fliggy. While the main users of Ctrip are the middle-aged with strong consumption capacity, users of Meituan Hotels and Fliggy are younger and have massive buying powers in the future.
Trustdata, as the largest mobile Internet big data monitoring platform in China, devotes itself to becoming the most leading mobile application data content solution provider in Chinese era of big data to provide the most professional services such as data products, consultation, etc. in various fields of mobile terminal for the clients.
Trustdata covers over 60,000 Apps and 200 million monthly active users. Through acquisition, analysis and study of big data of China mobile Internet, it helps the entrepreneurs, the various fields in mobile industry and the investors to know about their application business conditions and the trend of the whole mobile application market, and helps the practitioners of this industry to better make marketing decisions on products, marketing and investment strategy.