News Senior Content Strategist / News Editor
We are seeking a senior content strategist / editor for our News vertical at AsiaOne.
Your job is to find and report the juiciest talk of the town, from various corners of society, producing content with AsiaOne's off centre, on trend DNA. You must be comfortable combing the darkest corners of the internet and scouring the darkest alleys in Singapore, producing content that dominates our users' watercooler conversations.
Your job is also to lead and advance the vertical, producing content ideas while supporting the vertical and overall strategy.
You will be responsible for curating AsiaOne's content lineup, from our various content partners and our original content, packaging them into relevant, accessible and attractive pieces.
You are required to work with diverse types of content writing, including newswriting, feature writing, scripting for videos, copywriting and advertorials.
You are also required to manage and guide a team of junior writers.
You are someone who keeps up with the latest social-media news and trends, and are required to have strong writing and editing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
- At least 5 years of practical newsroom experience, preferably with editing experience
- Plan and produce compelling, unique, bold and quirky content ideas
- Be data-driven and be sensitive to audience behaviour and interests in tailoring content to complement AsiaOne as a whole
- Sub-edit stories and mentor juniors
- Cover general news, interviews and events
- Write reviews, features and commentaries from time to time
- Curate the content slate on the website
- Produce multi-media multi-platform content packages
- Strong news sense and able to determine what your audience likes
- Resourceful, creative and able to work independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Understands analytics
- Social-media savvy and plugged into the latest local and regional news cycle
- Able to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays
- Bonus if you have experience in a digital media setup, social media management and video journalism
- Reads and speaks a second or third language
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org