Video Journalist @ AsiaOne
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven visual storytellers who can conceptualise, produce and shoot original content for AsiaOne.
You are someone who keeps up with the latest social media news and trends, and has an eye for a good visual story.
You are someone who is versatile covering both serious news and offbeat, lifestyle gigs.
You are someone who is comfortable in front of the camera and can think on your feet.
You are someone who has strong writing skills, excellent communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
- Constantly keeping your fingers on the pulse of what is trending and going viral in the digital space. This comes with adequate knowledge of analysing video analytics.
- Package video stories — from news to short explainers to timely features, independently or in a team — with great storytelling and visuals
- Pitching ideas and managing multiple projects under deadline
- Applying best practices in platform management to ensure the videos are published efficiently
- Working with cross-functional teams to create multi-platform content. For example, work with editorial and social media teams to create content suitable for their formats.
- Ensuring that video content produced is in line with AsiaOne’s “off centre, on trend” DNA
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience related to video journalism
- Able to research, script, shoot and edit under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills for the video medium
- Some experience with live broadcast reporting
- Can read and speak a second or third language
- Resourceful, creative and able to work independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Able to work occasionally at night, on weekends and on Public Holidays
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to email@example.com