There'll be no option to take away your McDonald’s meals from tomorrow (April 18) till the end of the circuit breaker period on May 4.
The fast-food chain announced on Friday (April 17) that it would be putting a stop to the takeaway service at all outlets across the island “to reduce interaction” between customers and employees as an enhanced safety measure.
Starting tomorrow, customers will only be able to order from McDonald’s 24-hour delivery service via GrabFood and McDelivery, or from their vehicles at their drive-thru restaurants.
Said Kenneth Chan, Managing Director of McDonald’s Singapore: “We have made a key decision to stop takeaways in our restaurants as a proactive move to keep our customers and employees safe – over and above all other precautionary measures implemented from the start.”
He added that halting the takeaway service was decided to “reduce interaction between our customers and employees during this circuit breaker period, and also enable more of our senior employees to stay at home over the next two weeks".
“We know that temporarily suspending takeaways will cause some inconveniences to our customers and we ask for their understanding,” said Chan.
Five McDonald's Singapore employees had been diagnosed with Covid-19, the fast-food chain announced on Sunday (April 12).
The five worked at McDonald's Lido, Forum Galleria, Parklane and Geylang East Central outlets. Employees at these affected branches were put on a 14-day leave of absence.
According to the statement on Friday, staff strength at the fast-food chain's outlets will be adjusted in the interim, but the company will continue to pay the salaries of employees and seniors “whose roles will be disrupted these next few weeks”.
For the latest updates on the coronavirus, visit here.