Entertainment Writer [IMDA Story Lab Apprenticeship]
We are looking for a passionate writer to write for our entertainment beat. If you have a competent knowledge of Asian celebrities, TV, film, music and pop culture, and have a unique perspective and voice in this genre, we'd like to meet you.
The writer is responsible for producing and packaging online stories that are accurate, informative and engaging — the stuff people would love to read!
He/she must have exceptional writing skills and must be tapped into entertainment and lifestyle trends and topics.
The candidate is required to work with diverse types of content writing, including features, short-form articles, scripting for videos, soundbites and interviews. He/she keeps up with the latest social-media news and trends and is required to have strong writing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
He/she should be inquisitive, have strong perseverance to pursue a story idea and be able to meet tight deadlines.
About the Story Lab Apprenticeship Programme
The Story Lab Apprenticeship programme is an initiative developed by IMDA in partnership with leading media companies. The programme aims to provide promising fresh media professionals with structured training and opportunities to acquire key skills and competencies across in-demand job roles in the media sector. These roles range from producing, to writing, digital marketing and content creation. Through an immersive and experiential on-the-job training programme, selected apprentices will be able to gain valuable exposure and experience in the business of media.
For more information on the IMDA’s Story Lab Apprenticeship programme, please click here.
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
- Fresh professionals who are within three calendar years of graduation
- Cover entertainment news and events
- Write reviews, features and opinion pieces
- Conduct interviews for video and/or text
- Excellent English writing skills with a distinctive wit and flair
- Able to work under tight deadlines and occasionally at night, on weekends and Public Holidays
- Bonus if you possess any of these skills: basic photography, Adobe Photoshop, video production or hosting experience
- Good understanding of Chinese
- Be social media savvy and updated on latest Asian showbiz news
- Degree or Diploma in Communications or a related field
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to email@example.com