Lifestyle Writer [IMDA Story Lab Apprenticeship]
We are looking for an excellent writer to cover the lifestyle scene and trending topics for AsiaOne. If you are constantly curious, bursting with story ideas and competent in digital publishing, we'd like to meet you.
The writer is responsible for producing and packaging online stories that are accurate, informative and engaging — the stuff people would love to read!
He/she must have exceptional writing skills and must be tapped into lifestyle and entertainment trends and topics.
The candidate is required to work with diverse types of content writing, including features, short-form articles, scripting for videos, soundbites and interviews. He/she keeps up with the latest social-media news and trends and is required to have strong writing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
He/she should be inquisitive, have strong perseverance to pursue a story idea and be able to meet tight deadlines.
About the Story Lab Apprenticeship Programme
The Story Lab Apprenticeship programme is an initiative developed by IMDA in partnership with leading media companies. The programme aims to provide promising fresh media professionals with structured training and opportunities to acquire key skills and competencies across in-demand job roles in the media sector. These roles range from producing, to writing, digital marketing and content creation. Through an immersive and experiential on-the-job training programme, selected apprentices will be able to gain valuable exposure and experience in the business of media.
For more information on the IMDA’s Story Lab Apprenticeship programme, please click here.
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
- Fresh professionals who are within three calendar years of graduation
- Pitch, plan and write on topics ranging from dining, culture, travel and nightlife to shopping
- Have your finger on the pulse of the latest lifestyle trends, with a knack for spotting stories and packaging them
- Conduct interviews and attend relevant events from time to time
- Work with cross-functional teams to create multi-platform content. For example, working with video and social-media teams to create video and social-media content
- Opportunities to appear as a host in AsiaOne's video formats
- Excellent English writing skills with a distinctive wit and flair
- Able to work under tight deadlines and occasionally at night, on weekends and Public Holidays
- Bonus if you possess any of these skills: basic photography, Adobe Photoshop, video production or hosting experience
- Degree or Diploma in Communications or a related field
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org