Entertainment Content Strategist
We are seeking a content strategist for our Entertainment vertical at AsiaOne.
Your job is to find the latest and juiciest celebrity and entertainment news in Singapore and Asia through trawling the internet, keeping tabs on social media accounts, and in-person interviews with the stars, producing content with AsiaOne's off centre, on trend DNA.
You will be responsible for curating AsiaOne's content lineup, from our various content partners and our original content, packaging them into relevant, accessible and attractive pieces.
You are required to work with diverse types of content writing, including news writing, feature writing, scripting for videos, copywriting and advertorials.
You are someone who keeps up with the latest entertainment news and trends here and around the region, are required to have strong writing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills to build a network of contacts.
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
- Practical newsroom experience is preferred but fresh graduates are welcome
- Plan and produce compelling, unique, bold and quirky content ideas
- Be data-driven and be sensitive to audience behaviour and interests in tailoring content to complement AsiaOne as a whole
- Cover general news, interviews and events
- Write reviews, features and commentaries from time to time
- Produce multi-media multi-platform content packages
- Strong news sense and able to determine what your audience likes
- Resourceful, creative and able to work independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Understands analytics
- Social-media savvy and plugged into the latest local and regional news cycle
- Able to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays
- Bonus if you have experience in a digital media setup, social media management and video journalism
- Reads and speaks a second or third language
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
Interested applicants, please include links to your portfolio in your CV and email to email@example.com