He meant to take a nap on a Saturday afternoon, but a young man in Malaysia was soon jolted awake by pain.
The 21-year-old from Sarawak suffered severe burns on June 15 when his mobile phone suddenly exploded, Sin Chew Daily reported.
He had a habit of using his phone in bed while charging its battery, and the device slid onto his chest that day after he dozed off.
While asleep, the youth did not notice that the mobile phone was overheating.
When it exploded, it scorched his chest as well as the mattress.
Hearing his cries of pain, the man's family members rushed into his room and found him with burn injuries.
They immediately called emergency services for help.
Paramedics arrived at the scene and took the conscious man to Sarawak General Hospital's emergency department.
There, doctors found that the victim had burns on 20 per cent of his body -- including his chest, neck and right hand.
He was later transferred to the hospital's burns unit for treatment.
While the cause of the explosion is still unclear, similar accidents have been associated with faulty phone batteries or third-party phone accessories.