Xinmin Secondary bomb scare: 15-year-old female student arrested


PUBLISHED ONAugust 18, 2026 9:02 AMBYKoh Xing YingA 15-year-old female student has been arrested in connection with a bomb threat at Xinmin Secondary School that prompted the evacuation of students and staff last week.
In an update on Tuesday (Aug 18), the police said a teenager had been arrested and that investigations into the case are ongoing.
AsiaOne understands that the teen is a student of Xinmin Secondary.
The incident occurred on the morning of Aug 13, when the school activated its emergency evacuation procedures after being alerted to a potential bomb threat.
Police later conducted a thorough search of the premises and found no suspicious items.
Subsequent reports indicated that the scare was allegedly triggered by a note discovered by a teacher in a Secondary 3 classroom.
The note reportedly claimed that there was a bomb on the school grounds, prompting the school to alert the police and evacuate students and staff as a precaution.
Xinmin's principal Tan Soon Hui previously told AsiaOne that all students and staff were evacuated to the school's designated assembly area in a swift and orderly manner.
The school also said it was working closely with the police in their investigations into the incident.
The case is being investigated for communicating false information of a harmful thing.
If convicted, the offence carries a jail term of up to seven years, a fine of up to $50,000, or both.
[[nid:742670]]
xingying.koh@asiaone.com